Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kutty Photography

     Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself.  My name is Juan Barrera, but most people in the automotive scene know me as "Kutty." (Pronounced CUTT-E, not Cutie)  The reason behind the name is my 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, when I put the personalized plates on the car 72Kutty was available and the name has stuck with me since.  I've owned the car for over 12 years, far longer than I have been into photography.  I used to to take the car to lowrider shows with my point and shoot camera taking pics of every car I saw, I mean every car and tons of pics!  Very competitive in nature I wanted to improve my skills in taking pictures and take it to the next level.  I started purchasing books and learning through trial and error. I have never stepped foot into a classroom for photography but have bought enough books that I could have probably paid for school a couple of times.  So as I started learning and upgrading equipment, I fell into a passion for photography.
     As I improved my skills with the camera, I wanted to do more than just cars.  I decided to open a studio in California and started shooting people.  I would shoot anything from kids, families, rappers, models, clothing lines etc.  My studio was open for about a year and was going pretty well, but the studio was my second job.  I ended up getting an offer to move to Las Vegas for my regular job and took the offer.  In a matter of three weeks, I had closed my studio and moved to Vegas.  As much as I loved having my studio, Vegas so far has been the best move for my family.
     So now I am in Vegas, starting all over and getting into the scene.  I have met a few good people so far and have helped me get some exposure out here.  So stay tuned because this year I was getting my feet wet but  2012 should be a year that I can bust out and hopefully do some things in the car scene that have not been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment